Scope of Training: The PEC Basic-SafeGulf/SafeLand Orientation safety awareness course was designed to take the place of multiple operator orientations. It is designed to give each student a general idea of life and safety issues in the oil and gas industry, upstream, downstream, onshore or offshore. This one-day program meets the requirements of API RP 75 & API RP T-1. It provides a basic understanding, at an awareness level, of certain general safety information that an employee should know before entering a company facility and while performing his/her assigned work duties. This orientation has become the standard program for the industry and certifies a student at
- SafeGulf Certification
- Hazardous communications
- Fire Protection
- SafeLand Certification
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Records
- Confined Space
- Hearing Conservation
- Forklift Safety
- Emergency Response
- Respiratory Protection
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Process Safety Management
- Electrical Safety
- Welding Safety
- Terrorism Response Awareness Program (TRAP)
- Fall Protection
- Defensive Driving
- Back Safety
- Hazmat (HM 126)
- Hazwoper (Oper.)
- Alcohol and substance abuse awareness
Tuition: Contact us for pricing
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
Course Objectives: At the completion of the course, a candidate will:
- Have a basic awareness level understanding of safety topics relevant to working in the oil and gas industry.
- Know what types of additional training he/she will need in order to work for the various operators at both onshore and offshore facilities.
- Have a mind set in that will help him/her to play an active role in the safety program at his/her work facility.
- Realize the value of asking questions when he/she does not understand a certain aspect of his/her job.
- Realize his/her responsibility when it comes to his/her own safety as well as the safety of his/her co-workers.
NOTE: Duration of this course is dependent on the number of students enrolled by the time this course is administered.
At the end of this course, you will have 2 attempts to achieve an 80% or above on the final exam to receive your Certificate of Achievement! Enjoy the course, and please fill out the survey at the end!