Asbestos is a harmful material that could cause breathing problems or even cancer if you’re exposed to it, so naturally, you want to protect yourself from that. It was used as a flame-resistant insulation and is commonly found in older buildings made before the 1970s. If you live or work in an old building that has asbestos in it, you have to take steps to avoid breathing in the debris and kicking dust into the air. Luckily, there are procedures in place to do just that. As long as you follow the right steps, you can safely be around asbestos without experiencing any harm.