This course is designed to inform the delegates of the legal requirements to perform confined space rescues, the PPE used in rescues, and rescue procedures. Every delegate will take part in using rescue equipment to perform confined space rescues through simulations using actual persons or mannequins per confined space regulation. This course meets the OSHA requirements for confined space rescue.
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
Course Objectives: At the completion of the course, a delegate should be able to:
- Define Permit-Required Confined Space
- Identify the confined spaces in their workplace
- List the five main types of hazardous atmosphere
- Discuss physical hazards that may be encountered
- Complete an entry permit
- Discuss hazard control techniques
- Discuss when respirators are necessary
- Define the role of the Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor, and Rescuer
- Discuss response to emergencies
- Develop an effective Rescue Plan
- Use of specialized retrieval systems
- Perform a rescue using the spine board
- Determine special rescue system consideration and evaluation
- Perform a vertical rescue/horizontal rescue
- Provide Students assigned to confined space duties the necessary skills to safely perform their jobs.
- Identify the characteristics of a confined space.
- Describe the basic hazard categories associated with confined space.
- Determine the elements of a confined space program.
- Identify and describe the primary roles of authorized entrants, attendants, supervisor, and designated rescue team/services.
Students should be able to demonstrate the necessary skills during practical examination and demonstrate knowledge during written examination.
There are no reviews yet.