Work Precautions – Personal Protective Equipment
PPE is used to reduce radiological risk, i.e., the probability of Implementation of suitable PPE exposure and/or the impact of any accidental radiation exposure.
- PPE must be used in conjunction with other hazards and risks controls.
- Examples of PPE that should be considered when working with
- Respirators: to reduce the inhalation of dust containing radionuclide
- Gloves and apron: to reduce contamination of the body
- Goggles: to reduce contamination of the eyes
- One-piece slicker suit or Tyvek disposable suit
- Impermeable gloves
- Impermeable boots
- Facepiece respirator to EN146FFP3 – 3M 8835 or Moldex 3405
- Eye protection – safety goggles
- All PPE to be cleaned after job and monitored as free from contamination.
Contaminated PPE should not be put into drums