Scope of Training: This course is designed to teach personnel to properly perform fire watch duties which include site evaluation, fire prevention, incipient fire fighting techniques, and monitoring during hot work activities. As per regulations 29 CFR –1915.508 (e)(1)(i-iv)
Tuition: Contact us for pricing
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
Course Objectives: At the completion of the course, a student trainee should be able to:
- Identify the four elements of a fire and understand and what is necessary to extinguish a fire
- Name the different classes of fire identified by the NFPA Fire Classification System
- Demonstrate skills needed to chose and operate the correct type of portable fire extinguisher needed for the type of fire:
- Dry chemical
- Inspect an area for fire prevention before any hot work begins
- Define the term “Intrinsically Safe”
- Define the term “Explosion Proof”
- Understand the principles behind grounding and bonding
- Discuss the use of a hot work permit
NOTE: Duration of this course depends on the amount of students enrolled by the time the course will be administered.
At the end of this course, you will have 2 attempts to achieve an 80% or above on the final exam to receive your Certificate of Achievement! Enjoy the course, and please fill out the survey at the end!