This course gives added reinforcement for the need to have safe operating procedures and the necessary LOTO equipment to accomplish a safe and efficient operation. The course also exposes students to new equipment technology and equipment options for different situations that may be encountered on the job. The piping and vessel isolation helps to ensure that personnel, the environment and equipment are protected from unintended releases of potentially hazardous substances or energy with performing process equipment and piping repair, service or maintenance activities.
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
Course Objectives: Upon the completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Define the purpose of lockout/tagout
- Discuss reasons for the uses of LOTO which include:
- Repair/replacement work
- Renovation work
- Modifications or other adjustments to power equipment
- Explain proper isolation of process equipment and piping during repair, service or maintenance
- Identify situations where injury to employees or damage to property or the environment could occur due to:
- Unexpected release of hydrocarbons or potentially hazardous substances or
- Unsafe situations