Basics of Compressed Gas
- Chemicals include oxygen, argon, nitrogen, helium, acetylene, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, etc.
- Compressed gases used in bulk systems or portable cylinders.
- Industry uses include welding, cutting, operating tools, transferring liquids, blowing agents, laboratories, etc.
This training session is a general overview of compressed gas safety. OSHA has many different requirements for compressed gas safety, from general requirements to requirements for specific gases and applications (i.e., welding).
In this training session we will discuss how to work safely with compressed gases. We will focus on the compressed gas systems and cylinders that are used in our workplace and how to protect ourselves from the associated hazards.
This training session will focus on:
- General safety with compressed gases
- Cylinder safety
- Safety concerns associated with specific gases