This four hour course complies with API RP 2D 5th or 6thEdition as required by the BOEM & USCG for personnel involved in crane load rigging and handling loads. This course is also for transportation company personnel and onshore riggers. Students receive manuals and hands-on practical exercises to facilitate training. This course is the Crosby Group developed API offshore rigger program approved by BOEM with additional material provided by Global instructors.
This course meets the pre-requisite for Crane Operator training.
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
- Rigging Regulations
- Rigger Responsibilities
- Loose Gear Items (selection, maintenance, inspection, capacity determination)
- Slings (wire rope, synthetic strap, chains), Hitches & Capacities
- Cable Clips
- Baskets / Cargo Nets & Equipment
- Spreader Bars
- End Connectors
- Load Binders
- Hooks / Blocks
- Turnbuckles / Eye Bolts
- Wire Rope / Rope Knots
- Snatch Blocks
- Loose Gear Inspection / Inventory Report
- Rigging Principles (load control / taglines, lift planning, unbinding, personnel transfer)
- Signalling / Communication
- Loading / Offloading (loading sequence, PPE, pinch points & proper positioning)
- Hands-on Evaluation & Written Examination