Scope of Training: This training course is designed to teach the purpose and benefits of a hearing conservation program. After completing the training, students will understand the effects of noise on hearing.
Tuition: Contact us for pricing
Course typically offered every Wednesday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
Course Objectives: Student successfully completing this course will be able to complete the following:
- Define noise
- Identify the sound level at which most people get hearing loss
- Identify the three main parts of the ear
- Discuss engineering controls that can be used to reduce sound levels
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of earplugs and ear muffs
- Properly insert ear pugs
- Define NRR
- Describe how an audiogram is performed
At the end of this course, you will have 2 attempts to achieve an 80% or above on the final exam to receive your Certificate of Achievement! Enjoy the course, and please fill out the survey at the end!