This 8 hour course complies with API RP 2D 7th Edition. The API-U logo course is 16 hours. A non-medical evaluation of physical qualifications is included in this course. Confirmation of the rigger’s acceptable medical conditions is the responsibility of the employer. Written testing and hands-on evaluation to the API RP 2D 7th Edition standard is performed by the course instructor. Refreshers are required every four years.
Course typically offered every Monday at 8:00am, or available upon request. Call us at 877.593.8693 to reserve your seat or for more information.
- Rigging Regulations
- Rigger QualificationsRigger
- API RP 2D training requirements
- Lift Planning – Rigging Exercise #1
- Seven Steps to proper rigging
- Rigging Exercise #2
- Loose Rigging Gear and Equipment
- Wire Rope
- Turnbuckles & Eye Bolts
- Gear Selection
- Hooks and Blocks
- Inspection techniques and operations
- Rope Knots
- Unbinding Loads
- Personnel Transfer
- Signals & Communications
- Loading/Offloading Operations [loading sequence, PPE, pinch points & positioning]
- Hands–on Rigging Operations Evaluation to API RP 2D standards
- Written Examination
At the end of this course, you will have 2 attempts to achieve an 80% or above on the final exam to receive your Certificate of Achievement! Enjoy the course, and please fill out the survey at the end!