Traveling While Operating a Forklift
- All traffic regulations must be observed.
- Three truck lengths away from truck ahead.
- Stunt driving, racing, horseplay never permitted.
- Must drive slowly when floor is wet.
- Never run over loose objects on the roadway.
- Only loads within rated capacity should be moved.
- Fork trucks with defective parts must be removed from service until repaired.
- Fork trucks must be thoroughly inspected before each work shift.
- Speed shall be reduced to a safe level while negotiating turns.
- Only stable or safely-arranged loads shall be handled.
- Defects shall be immediately reported and corrected.
- Cross railroad tracks diagonally.
- When grades are more than 10 percent, loaded trucks shall be driven with the load upgrade.
- Only safely-arranged loads should be handled.
- Do not operate trucks with leaks in their fuel systems.