Benzene exposure can result in several neurological symptoms. These include dizziness, drowsiness, headaches, and loss of consciousness. Larger doses of this chemical can result in vomiting and convulsions, possibly leading to death.

Dermal exposure to this chemical can result in reddening and blistering of the skin, and exposure to vapor and liquid form can cause irritation to the eyes, skin, and can also result in respiratory problems. Acute toxicity levels can vary depending on the method of exposure, and this has been prove through animal testing. Tests have shown that ingestion and dermal exposure can result in moderate acute toxicity, whereas inhalation can result in low acute toxicity.

Acute Symptoms