Post Emergency Recovery
The storm is no longer an immediate threat to the area. Minor to major damage has occurred and recovery operations are required. CERT now moves to assist the ERT in recovery operations. This phase can be started during the response phase.
Recovery commences when the storm has passed over the affected area and has dissipated or, in the event the storm does not pass over our facilities, has markedly dissipated. Actions include, but are not limited to, for post recovery are:
- The CERT Leader will liaise with building management to ascertain damage to the building and coordinate reopening the offices. NOTE: No employees shall return to the offices until notified by the CERT Leader that it is safe to return to work.
- Communications via telephone and internet shall be tested.
- Notify employee base of current situation via WhatsApp
- Implement the Emergency Preparedness, Recovery Plan (if needed)
- Documentation and paperwork generated by the CERT should be maintained in the affected local office for a period of at least 2 years.
- CERT shall convene with CERT input to review severe weather emergency actions, lessons learned and recommend and implement areas for improvement.